PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
BY USING THESE SERVICES, (i) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AN ADULT (18 YEARS OR OLDER) AND (ii) YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN EFFECT AND AS UPDATED BY WEBJOGGER FROM TIME TO TIME. IN ADDITION, BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WEBJOGGER WILL COMMENCE PROCESSING SUCH ORDER AND THAT YOU WILL INCUR EXPENSES AND OBLIGATIONS IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES AND YOU SHOULD CANCEL YOUR ORDER. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WEBJOGGER WILL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SERVICES.
REVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE MADE FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE OF CHANGES. THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE FOUND AT http://www.webjogger.net/online-backup-terms-of-service. YOU MAY REQUEST SAME IN WRITING TO WEBJOGGER AT SUPPORT@WEBJOGGER.NET.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Use of this service (the “Service”) consists of the right of a Subscriber of the Service (“Subscriber”) to electronically transmit and store computer data using either a private data communications network, or the Internet into a location maintained by Webjogger Internet Services (“WEBJOGGER”) and to retrieve said data should they be required. The Service is made available by WEBJOGGER to Subscriber during the period Subscriber maintains a paid subscription to the Service. Subscriber must be a currently licensed user of WEBJOGGER’s software for Services where software is required to provision access.
2. These terms and any additional Operating Rules published by WEBJOGGER from time to time constitute the entire and only agreement (collectively, the “Agreement”) between WEBJOGGER and Subscriber (including Subscriber’s designated users) with respect to the Service and supersede all other communications and agreements with regard to the subject matter hereof. Upon notice published over the Service, WEBJOGGER may modify this Agreement, the Operating Rules or prices, and may discontinue or revise any or all other aspects of the Service at its sole discretion and without advance notice. Unless otherwise agreed, Subscriber’s right to use the Service or to designate users is not transferable and is subject to any limits established by WEBJOGGER.
3. Subscriber shall pay in advance any registration or service fees and other charges incurred by Subscriber or Subscriber’s designated users at the rates in effect for the billing period in which those charges are incurred. For situations where credit card payment is utilized, Subscriber shall maintain a current authorization for WEBJOGGER to debit Subscriber’s credit card account for such amounts. In addition, Subscriber shall provide WEBJOGGER a current street address and Internet e-mail address for future communications and shall notify WEBJOGGER of any change of address. Subscriber shall pay all applicable taxes related to use of the Service by Subscriber or Subscriber’s designated users. For situations where the Subscriber’s credit card issuing financial institution has been notified of a payment dispute, said Subscriber agrees that proof of Service usage by Subscriber constitutes Subscriber authorization to submit payment request to Credit Card issuing financial institution. WEBJOGGER may, in addition, at its sole discretion and without notice to the Subscriber, (a) suspend its performance under this Agreement and deny Subscriber’s and Subscriber’s designated users’ access to and use of the Service until Subscriber is back in good standing, or (b) terminate this Agreement and Subscriber’s and Subscriber’s designated users’ access to and the use of the Service. Further, WEBJOGGER may cancel the Service to Subscriber without cause upon thirty (30) days prior written notice. Subscriber must provide WEBJOGGER with written notice of Subscriber’s intent to terminate use of the Service. At the time of cancellation, the Subscriber’s access to any of Subscriber’s data stored by the Service may be permanently terminated. WEBJOGGER will not provide a refund for any unused portion of the Services paid in advance by Subscriber.
4. Webjogger has designed certain Services to help you comply with regulatory guidelines that may be applicable to you. You are responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements applicable to your business and for selecting and using Webjogger’s Services in a manner that satisfies those requirements. Additionally, if credit card, debit card, or other payment card information (“cardholder data” as defined in the current version of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), protected health information (“PHI”), or personally identifiable information (“PII”) will be transmitted to or from or stored on Webjogger equipment in conjunction with the Services, you must disclose to Webjogger such fact prior to any such transmission and/or storage. If you fail to make this disclosure, Webjogger may suspend providing the Services to you in its sole discretion. IN THE EVENT WEBJOGGER SUSPENDS SERVICE TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS NOTICE, IT WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANYONE CLAIMING BY OR THROUGH YOU.
5. No bailment or similar obligation is created between Subscriber (and/or Subscriber’s designated users) and WEBJOGGER with respect to Subscriber’s stored data. Subscriber is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Passwords, including restricting the use of the Password by Subscriber’s designated users. Subscriber shall be responsible for all use of the Service accessed through Subscriber’s Password. WEBJOGGER SHALL NOT HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION TO SUBSCRIBER, SUBSCRIBER’S DESIGNATED USERS, OR OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE TO MONITOR, SUPERVISE OR OVERSEE THE CONTENTS OF FILES STORED ON THE SERVICE. WEBJOGGER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING SUBSCRIBER WITH PASSWORDS TO RESTORE DATA IN THE EVENT OF A FORGOTTEN PASSWORD. DATA IS ENCRYPTED AT THE CUSTOMER’S APPLICATION WHEN THE BACK UP STARTS AND IT IS KEPT ENCRYPTED IN THE SERVER. WITHOUT THE CORRECT PASSWORD, SUBSCRIBER’S DATA WILL REMAIN ENCRYPTED AND INACCESSIBLE. IT IS THE SUBSCRIBER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP SAFE THE PASSWORD CHOSEN FOR BACK UPS.
6. Subscriber shall not use the Service for storage, possession or transmission of any information, the possession, creation or transmission of which violates any state, local or federal law, including without limitation, stolen materials, obscene materials or child pornography. SUBSCRIBER’S BACKUP FILES MAINTAINED BY WEBJOGGER ARE SUBJECT TO EXAMINATION BY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS OR OTHERS WITHOUT SUBSCRIBER’S CONSENT UPON PRESENTATION TO SUBSCRIBER OR WEBJOGGER OF A SEARCH WARRANT OR SUBPOENA.
7. Subscriber agrees to indemnify WEBJOGGER against liability for use of Subscriber’s account which liability is a direct result of Subscriber’s misuse or negligent use of its account(s).
8. WEBJOGGER may make copies of all files stored as part of the back up and recovery of servers utilized in connection with some of the Services. WEBJOGGER is not obligated to archive such copies and will utilize them only for backup purposes. They will not be accessible to Subscriber.
9. Subscriber is responsible for and must provide all telephone and other equipment and services necessary to access the Service. Subscriber should maintain a primary electronic file of all materials stored in the Service. Subscriber should not utilize the service as a substitute for primary electronic file maintenance.
10. SUBSCRIBER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT SUBSCRIBER’S SOLE RISK. NEITHER WEBJOGGER NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR WEBJOGGER OR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE. THE SERVICE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. NEITHER WEBJOGGER NOR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, DELIVERING OR MAINTAINING THE SERVICE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SERVICE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT WILL WEBJOGGER’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY SUBSCRIBER, IF ANY, FOR THE SERVICE FOR THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT FORMING THE BASIS OF THE CLAIM.
11. The provisions of paragraphs 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 are for the benefit of Subscriber and its respective Suppliers, Licensors, Employees, and Agents; and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly on its own behalf.
12. This agreement is, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of New York applicable to agreements made and performed in New York.
13. Notwithstanding any acknowledgment of a Subscriber purchase order by WEBJOGGER, any provision or condition in any purchase order, voucher, letter or other memorandum of the Subscriber which is in any way inconsistent with, or adds to, the provisions of this agreement is null and void. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify the provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The provisions of paragraph 10 and 13 and all obligations of and restrictions on Subscriber and its designated users shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Last Updated: October, 2013